Dani is born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain) in 1991. Thanks to several scholarships, he studies a BA in Film, TV & Digital Media in the University of Navarra, where he graduates in 2013 receiving the 'Premio Extraordinario Fin de Carrera', prize awarded to the most outstanding graduate of the promotion in 2013.
During this time, he participates in several projects, like the international feature film Blue Lips, as trainee assistant director, or an awarded videomapping, in the international Lux Greco Contest in Toledo. He debuts as director with Caracola, being selected in countries like Canada, France, UK or Cuba and winning the first award in the Festival Tiempo Sur La Palma 2013 (Spain). His increasing interest in animation leads him to direct Dummies, a CG shortfilm selected in 45 film festivals around the globe and awarded in 3 occasions, including a selection in 'Festival de Malaga' or an Honorific Mention in the Manhattan International Film Festival, implying a screening in the United Nations.
After university, he moves to Madrid, where he works in some production companies and as freelance short film distributor. He receives a scholarship by 'Obra Social La Caixa' to study a MA in Animation in the University of Hertfordshire, UK, finishing in 2015, where he writes, produces and codirects his last short, The Idea Thief. Currently looking forward to work on new projects.
- MA in Animation, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom (2015)
- BA in Film, TV & Digital Media with First Class Honors, University of Navarra, Spain (2013)
- HR Assistant in Employee Services Delivery Center for AtoS UK
- Film Festival Outreach and Assistant for online platform FilmFreeway
- Assistant production manager in the shortfilm Teatro by Ivan Ruiz
- 2D freelance animator in child's web videos (La ecopatrulla) for MAPFRE
- Intern runner in Magic Films working for animated film Olympo. Layout planning, props animation and production runner.
- Freelance distribuitor of shortfilms like MASAP, Once Upon A Time In The Border
- Video maker for the Comm. & PR Office at the Communication School (FCOM) of University of Navarra. Shot and edited several news pieces and prom videos for the school.
- Trainee assistant director in the shooting of the international feature film Blue Lips
MERITS & AWARDS
- 1st Jury Award for The Idea Thief in Sand Dune International Short Film Festival (India)
- Best Student Shortfilm Award for Dummies in Cortisonanti Film Festival (Italy)
- Postgraduate Grant by Obra Social La Caixa
- Honorific Mention for Dummies in Manhattan Film Festival (USA) with screening in United Nations
- End of Degree Extraordinary Prize of the 52nd promotion of Film, TV & Digital Media in University of Navarra
- Best Animated Short Award for Dummies in XIV Ciudad de Castellón Young Filmmakers Shortfilm Contest (Spain)
- First Prize in La Palma Tiempo Sur Festival for Caracola
- First Prize in the International Videomapping Lux Greco Contest 2013
- Winner of the timelapse video contest convened by Occidens Exhibition, shot during installation of the sculptures Day & Night from famous spanish artist Antonio Lopez
- Student scholarship granted by the Spanish Education Ministry
- Alumni scholarship at the University of Navarra
- Credit Program for Academic Excellence by University of Navarra